YOUR SUPPORT CHANGES LIVES
By making a gift to DSI, you give our clients:
- Meaningful life experiences and necessary supports
- Opportunities for skill attainment and community inclusion
- An outlet for expression and new ideas
- Positive social interaction among peers and mentors
- A safety net during a time of crisis
Your contribution makes a direct impact on the lives of people with disabilities in our community and beyond.
DSI offers a wide-range of services to people with disabilities. Most services are covered through the Medicaid Waiver Program. DSI also provides services to people with disabilities that are not covered through the Medicaid Waiver Program. These services are identified as Uncompensated Services.
Uncompensated services include:
- Emergency services for clients
- Respite care
- Client transportation to and from medical appointments
- New educational programs & extracurricular activities
- Capital expenditures to deliver new programs
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT
BY PHONE 812.376-9404
BY MAIL: DSI, P.O. Box 1023, 2920 10th Street, Columbus, IN 47202-1023
Questions? Contact Amy Kleinert, Chief Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone
- Annual Fund Drive: The Annual Fund Drive raises funds to cover uncompensated expenses and directly impact our clients. As these expenses are annual and recurring, we request that donors also make an annual, recurring gift to support our annual goals.
- Corporate Sponsorship: Throughout the year, DSI hosts several happenings that corporations may choose to be a part of as a sponsor. Annual events include D-Vine Wine & Beer Fest (February), DSI Golf Classic (June), DSI Gala and Auction, and one-time special events.
- Memorial Gift: A memorial gift made in memory of a deceased family member, friend, neighbor, colleague, etc., is a special remembrance of your loved one. Be sure to provide the name of the person in remembrance. If you include the individual's main family contact name and address, we will let them know you have made a donation in memory of their loved one, only sharing your name and address, but not the donation amount.
- Gift of Stocks: A gift of stocks makes sense for the donor and DSI. Did you know you get a bigger tax deduction than if it were cash by avoiding capital gain tax? To make a gift of stock, please contact your financial advisor to make a transfer to DSI.
- Endowment: DSI has designated endowment funds at several community foundations in South Central Indiana, including The Heritage Fund of Bartholomew County, Brown County Community Foundation, Decatur County Community Foundation, Jackson County Community Foundation, Jennings County Community Foundation, the Community Foundation of Jackson County, Community Foundation of Madison and Jefferson County, and the Community Foundation of Switzerland County. By supporting these endowment funds, you help guarantee the future of our clients.
- Bequests: A bequest is a gift from your estate—a transfer of cash, securities, or other property made through your estate plans. You can make a bequest in your estate will by designating DSI in your last wishes. Please speak with a lawyer or contact the Heritage Fund of Bartholomew County, 812.376.7772, for additional support and guidelines when making a bequest to DSI.
Please note: Your contribution to Developmental Services, Inc. (35-1359391) is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. IRS regulations require that we acknowledge you have not received any goods or services in return for your contribution.
Thank you for your support!