- Music Therapy
- Photography Club
- Drama & Theater
- Fine Art
Community-Based & Facility-Based Habilitation
DSI's comprehensive Community-Based and Facility-Based Habilitation services are designed to help the consumer achieve objectives of improved health, welfare and the realization of the individuals' maximum physical, social, psychological and vocational potential.
Habilitation services may include the following:
- Developing social behaviors and interpersonal skills.
- Developing cognitive skills including, but not limited to, the handling of emergencies, telling time, managing money, making change, recognizing street and other signs, and solving problems.
- Using recreation and leisure time.
- Orienting to the community and training for mobility and travel.
- Developing or remediating communication skills.
- Developing appropriate grooming, sex, dress, and self-care habits, such as toileting, eating, and shaving.
- Enhancing the physical, mental, and dental health of persons served. The services should deal with prevention and maintenance needs.
- Training in assertiveness, and advocacy in dealing with citizenship, legal, family, and/or social needs.
- Orienting to other programs, as appropriate.
- Behavior Management
- Personal Enhancement Program (PEP)
- Community Recreational & Leisure Actvities
- Wellness & Exercise