Start a rewarding career as a caregiver to support individuals with disabilitiesLearn More
Sign up for the DSI Newsletter to stay up to date on events, client activities and community involvement!Sign-up Now!
Developmental Services, Inc. (DSI)
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Payroll Manager
SUPERVISOR: Payroll Manager South
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
STATUS: Full Time
The purpose of this position is to support the Payroll manager in the daily functions of the business office, ensuring that Finance resource functions operate effectively, appropriately, safely, cost-efficiently, and within the regulations set forth by licensing and funding standards.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. All bank transactions, including check writing and authorization
2. Process taxes for AP
4. Payroll processing
5. Agency auditing
6. Employee verifications
8. Misc Projects and Administrative support
9. Back up support for the Payroll Manager
10. Employee status changes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Excellent and professional communication skills, both oral and written.
2. The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, clients, family, board members, and outside organizations.
3. Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
4. Ability to work flexible, non-standard hours, including occasional evenings.
1. A bachelor’s or associate degree with at least 2 years of administrative experience. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
The above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be constructed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent to the job. The supervisor, as specified above, may elaborate on, or add to the above list if the duties come within the employee's realm of responsibility.