Ready to have a career that impacts people's lives? Would you like to work for a company that recognizes how important good employees? Would like to grow into a new career path? DSI, Inc offers weekly pay, affordable benefits and a great work environment!
A Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides direct care to individuals with a disability. DSP’s provide assistance to individuals with daily living skills and full participation in the local community. They not only provide significant services, but ensure the health, safety, and welfare of each individual we serve. DSP’s may work in Group Homes, Supported Living, or Waiver homes and will advocate for the consumers to be fully integrated into community life.
DSP's perform the following functions and need the following traits:
- Develop an individualized approach to client care or service delivery, including the establishment of goals and objectives in such areas as daily living, basic job skill development, social development, or recreational skills.
- Monitor and records clients’ progress in meeting goals and objectives; modifies service plan as indicated.
- Need to be able to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours as assigned by supervisor and may need to remain on duty after shift has ended due to emergencies of participant’s, staff, weather, or any other need that may unexpectedly arise.
- Have maturity and judgment to work within an environment that is confidential in nature.
- Willingness to transport individuals in the employee’s own vehicle while maintaining your personal vehicle in safe working condition and with adequate automobile insurance per Indiana state laws.
- Assist individuals with the needed skills to live successfully in their own homes such as:
- Daily-living skills such as bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting and meal preparation.
- Household maintenance including cleaning, laundry and reporting needed home repairs.
- Medication administration assistance and general supervision.
- Transporting and assisting in accessing community resources, shopping and other community-based activities.
- Transporting and assisting clients to any relevant appointments (medical, dental, counseling, etc.)
- Full and part time positions available
- Benefits available for employees working 30 hours or more
- Paid Training
- Flexible schedule
- Monday through Friday first and second shift $10.00 an hour
- Monday through Friday third shift $10.00 an hour plus shift differential
- Saturday and Sunday day or evening shift $11.00 an hour plus shift differential
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a safe driving record
If interested, please apply below.