JOB TITLE: MUSIC THERAPIST
STATUS: Full Time
Music Therapists use music creatively to help their clients address social, emotional or physical difficulties.
You won't teach your clients to sing or play an instrument, but will communicate through music making and a shared musical experience to support them and facilitate positive changes in their behavior and well-being.
You'll work with children and adults of all ages and social backgrounds with a range of issues, including;
• Eating disorders
• Behavioral and emotional difficulties
• Communication Disorders
• agree on therapy objectives with your clients
• take an active role in sessions by playing, singing and listening
• encourage your clients to use a range of accessible musical instruments, such as percussion and their own voice, to express themselves
• encourage your clients' participation and supporting them musically
• help your clients explore sound to create a musical language of their own
• plan, review and assess therapy sessions to monitor their effectiveness and to help plan following sessions
• assess your clients' musical and non-musical behaviors
• attend meetings with other professionals
• write up case notes and reports
Bachelors of Arts in Music Therapy, must be Board Certified.