DSI is currently hiring two sewing operators for Sullivan, IN!
This position will include working with an industrial size sewing machine in which there will be production orders to be filled. This can also include cutting, gluing, and burning materials for the products we produce. We typically produce large net doors, large canvas bags, and face masks. The schedule for this position will be 6:30am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday. Below is a detailed job description.
Job Title: Sewing Machine Operator
- Perform a wide variety of sewing tasks.
II. Specific Duties
- Operate commercial sewing machines and similar light equipment as assigned to achieve minimum rate requirements, while maintaining quality requirements.
- Perform manual labor tasks, such as preparing materials, cleaning the work area, and other related tasks. Assist consumers with job skills and logistics.
- Maintain general understanding of the Mission and operations of the agency and its services, represent DSI in a positive way and assist consumers in mastering productions skills.
- Comply with all DSI policies and procedures.
- Actively seek to expand own professional skills by participating in learning opportunities made available and by aggressively seeking additional means of professional growth.
- Promote and safeguard health and safety in all agency activities.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, with consideration of the employee’s current responsibilities.
III. Professional Qualifications
- Pre-employment: Must be able to perform stated essential functions and specific job duties.
- Employment: DSI is a drug-free workplace. All employees are required to participate in the random drug-testing program as outlined in the DSI Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
IV. Required Training
- Equipment Operation
- Health & Safety issues related to specific equipment.
- Inventory Control Procedures
- Quality Control
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Recognition Bonuses & Perks
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have clean criminal record.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 per hour