Start a rewarding career as a caregiver to support individuals with disabilitiesLearn More
Sign up for the DSI Newsletter to stay up to date on events, client activities and community involvement!Sign-up Now!
Developmental Services, Inc.
Program Manager- Henry Co., Jackson, Jennings, Decatur.
Coordinates activities to provide direct client or consumer services through department(s), unit(s), or functions by performing duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assesses clients’ needs, reviews goals, objectives, requirements, schedules, and/or other key expectations and outcomes to plan operations.
2. Work with IDT to implement clients’ PCISP or care plans based on identified needs, goals, objectives, and client choice.
3. Monitors clients’ progress and modifies goals as necessary.
4. Maintains the necessary documentation and client records associated with services delivered.
5. Provides supervision, and participates in meetings, professional development activities, special projects and assignments as required.
6. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates activities to ensure quantity and quality of services meet specifications and expectations.
7. Reviews reports and resolves problems to ensure minimum costs, optimal quality, and to prevent delays and deficiencies; assures that program(s) and services meet applicable standards and regulations and takes action to intervene when deficiencies are identified. Monitor and track items that are outlined in the Strategic Plan and High-Risk Plan.
8. Participates actively in public relation and market activities associated with services delivered.
9. Responsible for tracking service utilization to ensure that budgets are met. Ensure that services provided are billable. Each consumer will have a monthly calendar to ensure proper utilization of their plan and provision of all needed supports.
10. Responsible to ensure that staff and client compliance is current.
11. Working with quality managers to ensure that health and safety checklists, drills and vehicle inspections are completed timely.
12. Attend case conference meetings for clients served.
13. Maintain file compliance in Provide, BDDS Portal, and home books.
14. Monitor travel and transportation. Approve all client services and transportation outside of the county served.
15. Maintain health and safety by ensuring that quarterly vehicle inspections, drills, high risk plans, medication error reduction plans are in place and turned in timely.
16. Responsible for scheduling and facilitating team, staff, and house meetings.
17. Responsible for reporting and follow up on all BDDS Incident reports.
18. Responsible for employee feedback and timely performance reviews.
19. Responsible for approving staff time in Provide. Run reports to ensure that all time is approved without overlaps and with correct cost centers.
20. Reviewing audits and providing corrective actions as needed to ensure all areas are in compliance.
21. Monitoring the point system, staff disciplinary actions, and status changes/updates.
22. Responsible for posting open staff positions, interviewing new hires, training new hires, and tracking the staff point system.
23. Working with client families, guardians to maintain all client entitlements. SNAP, HUD, Section 8, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, and/or any other programs available.
24. Ensure client transitions meetings and completion of paperwork and services are complete.
25. Attend all management and/or designated meetings as instructed by supervisor.
26. Assist with the elimination of barriers, which restrict individuals with disabilities from community inclusion.
This job may supervise employees or clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are for the purpose of establishing pay rates. This is a general description to guide in the selection for the performance of these tasks. The specific education and experience requirements are related to the legal and funding restrictions surrounding the duties performed.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.