Recruit and Retention Specialist
WANT TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON PEOPLE'S LIVES? WANT TO ENJOY YOUR JOB? We offer weekly pay, affordable benefits and great people!
Retention & Recruitment Specialist is a position creates that positive employee engagement by recruiting the right candidate and improve relationships between employees and leaders. This position will lead the recruiting and retention support to assigned regions under the direction of the Director of Human Resources. The Recruit & Retention Specialist (R&R) builds relationships in the community to attract the right individuals that meet the quality and staffing levels in each region through sourcing, screening and facilitating full-cycle recruitment. This position will work with County Managers and Regional Program Managers to education and train in the employee experience which will impact the consumer and services. The company goal is to ensure the client feels supported to attain self-direction, inclusion, personal fulfillment and productivity in all life areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model company’s expectations of behavior, culture and mission as a DSI, Inc representative.
- Respond appropriately to emergency health and safety situations.
- Maintain confidentiality adhering to HIPPA guidelines and company policies.
- Maintain consistent communication and feedback to supervisor.
- Comply with all DSI policies and procedures which include Human Resources and mandatory training requirements.
- Understand this position requires commitment of attendance and punctuality for client’s needs.
- Demonstrates financial stewardship, using prudent judgement related to expense(s) authorized and incurred by the company.
- Purposeful rounding to engage managers and employees at each visit.
- Supports, trains and monitors regional managers and team leads to develop competency in sourcing, interviewing, selecting and retaining the right candidate.
- Cultivate relationships with key community organizations, i.e. high schools, colleges, workforce development organizations and adult training centers.
- Solicits and pursues referrals from employees across all shifts to leverage the Employee Referral Bonus.
- Understands the company’s benefits and perks to use as a selling point with potential candidates and employees.
- Partners with regional managers to improve recruitment and retention.
- Solicits and pursues referrals from professional associations.
- Collaborates with Lead R&R and social media to proactively develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need/opening.
- Utilize reporting tools to document impact of recruiting and retention to assigned region.
- Maintain open lines of communication to managers, supervisor and team.
- Visit regional facilities a minimum of three (3) times a week including visiting employees in all settings.
- Able to professionally create an engaging and informative onboarding experience for new hires.
- Attend regional leadership meeting every month and use as a tool to discuss and update all open positions and discuss retention challenges and tools available.
- Conducts stay and exit interviews and trends findings for retention impact.
- Meets department goals of hired employees and stay/exit interviews.
- Meet the company and department goal for retention and open positions
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in a micro team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manager.
- Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Prefer one to two years of related experience and/or training. Minimum education high school diploma but prefer two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources and/or Recruiting
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour