JOB TITLE: Safety Manager
- Model company’s expectations of behavior, culture and mission as a DSI, Inc representative.
- Respond appropriately to emergency health and safety situations.
- Communicate effectively during a crisis situation.
- Maintain confidentiality adhering to HIPPA guidelines and company policies.
- Maintain consistent communication and feedback to supervisor.
- Comply with all internal and external regulations.
- Understand this position requires commitment of attendance and punctuality for program needs.
- Promote health and safety in all agency activities.
- Coordinate agency operations to ensure a safe environment protecting the physical assets of the agency and individuals served.
- Participates in meetings, professional development activities, special projects and assignments as required.
- Reviews reports and resolves problems to ensure minimum costs, optimal quality, and to prevent delays and deficiencies; assures that program(s) and services meet applicable standards and regulations and takes action to intervene when deficiencies are identified.
- Promotes company’s values, mission and culture through company SPIRIT program.
- Exceptional customer service to consumers, staff and peers.
- Strong ability to lead with accountability and professional behavior in all situations.
- Create a culture of Health and Safety First in all programs, facilities and in the consumer homes.
- Work with external entities to complete inspections and assessments, including fire marshal, building inspectors, OSHA, etc.
- Facilitate Agency Health and Safety Meetings no less than quarterly.
- Review and respond timely to emails and required reports, audit and research discrepancies as need and address with a plan of action.
- Assist in the development, revision and monitoring of standard operational and working practices to assure regulatory compliance.
- Maintains systems for reporting and recording key information.
- Professional leadership and mentoring of staff to create an environment that reflects company culture.
- Maintain required regulatory training and provide training as needed.
- Participate in marketing and public relations efforts as assigned or approved.
- Assist with the elimination of barriers, which restrict individuals with disabilities from community inclusion.