JOB TITLE: Training Specialist – Columbus, IN
STATUS: Full Time
SUMMARY: To complete trainings for all new hires during various days of the week and times. Create and post the training schedule. Manage the Litmos website as far as entering new employees and assigning them to teams or courses. Specialist must be able to provide flexible coverage to meet the needs of every trainee.
• Manage the creation and execution of new hire and ongoing training including objectives, protocols, curriculum, materials and assessments.
• Work in team environment to coordinate and conduct training activities including classroom, small group and individual needs.
• Manage a training database including, materials, self-study modules and assessments.
• Assist Managers in planning, scheduling and coordinating training for team members when needed.
• Ensure the Learning Management System is used to enter employee training completion for employees. Track employee training and provide periodic training status reports to Managers.
• Identify training needs/gaps in collaboration by developing KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to enable evaluation of the training program(s).
• Maintain the District Training Calendar.
Professional Skills and Competencies:
• High School Diploma with a minimum 2 years of experience communicating directly with consumers required.
• Previous experience in training and curriculum development, or comprehensive knowledge of adult learning principles strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to provide clear direction for varying size groups are a must.
• Demonstrated experience managing and/ or coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in standard software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.