Volunteer Program & Activities
As a long established non-profit, DSI has been using volunteers in many different capacities to advance its mission and improve the quality-of-life for our clients. DSI offers many rewarding opportunities for volunteer participation that vary in scope and commitment:
- Support client special events (holidays/seasonal, limited engagement)
- Office and clerical support (on-going or limited engagement)
- Set-up, break-down, and support for fundraisers (limited engagement, great for small groups)
- Client yard clean-up and light maintenance (limited engagement, great for groups)
- Skill-based projects. Areas of need include computers, adaptive technology, health & wellness, training, and more.
- Special talents or hobbies: Share your knowledge of a hobby or skill with our clients. DSI welcomes group discussions and activities that introduce our clients to opportunities for learning.
Cummins Every Employee Every Community (EEEC) Program
DSI works with Community Involvement Teams (CIT) from Cummins and a primary onsite coordinator to identify volunteer activities and to develop long-term projects with funding. Activities vary and may include: helping at special events for clients, client housing clean-up and maintenance, improvement projects at the DSI facility, and clerical duties.
Over the years, our partnership has developed into on-going projects large in scope and benefit to the DSI community. These improvement projects support the health and well-being of our clients and are a long-term investment in the Columbus community and beyond.
Individuals or groups interested in volunteering for DSI may contact the Marketing Department by email email@example.com or 812-376-9404 ext. 130.